38yo woman died from CO poisoning, her child burnt to death in KZN

Monday’s fire took away the lives of a mother and her child in Richmond, KZN. CO poisoning became the cause of death of the 38-year-old woman following the fire that had broken out in her house in Russel Street. Her child sustained major burns and was declared dead on the scene.

Netcare 911 service was alerted of the accident at 10:47pm on Sunday night.

“The patient was transported to a nearby clinic in a serious condition prior to the ambulance arriving on the scene where the crew were informed and re-routed to the clinic,” Netcare 911 spokesperson Shawn Herbst stated.

The woman had gone into cardiac arrest and the paramedics had to initiate a CPR. Despite their best efforts, the patient succumbed to her injuries on the way to hospital.

The cause of fire is to be established by the relevant authorities.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may like

In the news
Load More