Patient set mattress alight, taken to mental hospital

A patient set a mattress alight at the Far East Rand Hospital and was later taken to Sterkfontein Mental Hospital.

According to Dr Constance Ndobe from the Far East Rand Hospital, they did not know about the fire but the woman was taken to the mental hospital for observation.

“A patient burnt a mattress in one of the wards but no one was hurt but some staff experienced smoke inhalation.”

Jack Bloom, the DA Gauteng spokesperson on health, stated that everyone should be thankful that the fire caused no injuries.

“I hope that all hospitals review their fire safety and prevention efforts.”

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may like

In the news
Load More