Gas leak caused shack’s fire

Suburban Control Central reported a case of the fire that had engulfed a number of shacks in an informal settlement in Zandspruit, northwest of Johannesburg, on Wednesday.

According to the preliminary report, a gas leak became the reason for the fire that broke out in one of the illegal huts and then spread onto fourteen other shacks situated next to each other. Luckily, no casualties or injuries were reported but at least thirty families have lost their homes for tonight.

EMS, fire brigades and the local authorities are on the scene looking into the matter.

Informal settlement is on fire in Zandspruit, Roodepoort. 3 Fire Engines are on scene.

Posted by Suburban Control Centre on Wednesday, 19 June 2019

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may like

In the news
Load More