Botshabelo house fire: one man narrowly escaped death

A house fire was reported in Botshabelo near Bloemfontein on Saturday afternoon. A local man sustained severe burns following the house blaze allegedly caused by a careless household appliance handling.

The fire broke out at around 3:35 p.m. The 70-year-old local resident was identified as a fire victim by paramedics and the Fire and Rescue Service. Paramedics arrived on the scene when Fire brigade had already knocked the blaze down.

“A man, believed to have been in the home at the time of the fire, was now found seated on the pavement. Paramedics assessed the man and found that he had sustained serious smoke inhalation and was in a serious condition,” ER24 spokesman Russel Meiring said.

He concluded the victim was provided with necessary medical assistance right on the scene and thereafter was rushed to Mediclinic Bloemfontein for further treatment.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may like

In the news
Load More