R50 000 reward announced for any assistance on N2 shootout

The City of Cape Town has announced a hefty reward for any information about the shootout participants on the N2 highway.

The reward of R50 000 was promised after two metro police officers and a motorist had been wounded.

“The City of Cape Town condemns this callous attack and we will work very closely with the South African Police Service to ensure that those responsible are brought to book,” Mayco member for Safety and Security, JP Smith said.

The police department recieved a request to assist a person whose car had broken down near Borcherd’s Quarry on Monday morning. Then, two police officers were sent at the place.

As soon as the police squad arrived at the scene of the breakdown, attackers opened fire at them.

As a result, two officers received leg injuries . There is no information about the motorist’s condition.

As the police department states, the female officer was wounded in the left leg and her colleague was shot in the upper right leg and left side of his groin. Both officers are 44-year-old.

“Camera operators detected rocks on the road. Officers responded but in the meantime, a motorist drove over one of the rocks and stopped on the side of the road to attend to a burnt tyre. While doing so, another vehicle pulled over and one of the occupants shot the motorist. When Metro police arrived and inquired about what had happened, the suspects opened fire on them too,” the police official said.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

You may like

In the news
Load More